Alternative Education Center at Lamar
970 Baker Avenue
Augusta, GA 30904
The Alternative Education Center provides a place for new beginnings for all students through positive learning experiences. Our students will learn today, so that they may lead tomorrow. We believe that in order for our students to succeed, they must come prepared to learn. AEC students must...
- bring the following with them everyday - paper and pens/sharpened pencils.
- follow the dress code.
- avoid being absent and tardy. Regular attendance is required.
- Bring a note to school if you will be leaving school during anytime of the school day for the release procedures
- follow all Alternative Education Center and Richmond County School System policies and procedures.
AEC's School Dress Code
- Black pants (no jean material of any nature, skinny leg or spandex material)
- White, collared shirts/blouses no design or emblem
- Black jackets/sweat shirts (no hoods, pockets, or designs) during cold weather
- Belts must be clearly visible
- No jewelry or nail polish
- SOLID black shoes - black or white sock
For a complete list of policies and procedures, please refer to the Alternative Education Center Student Handbook and the Richmond County School System's Code of Conduct Handbook.
Alternative Education Center holds
PTA Meeting and Open Forum
View the movie by clicking the picture below.
TEACHER OF THE YEAR
Mrs. Tammy Streetman!
Mrs. Streetman is the 2014-2015 Teacher of the Year at AEC. She is a dedicated teacher, who currently teaches 6th and 7th grade Mathematics. Congrats Mrs. Streetman on a job well done. Thank you for doing such an excellent job with our students!
October is National Bullying Prevention Month
Join the movement! The End of Bullying Begins with Me: that's the message during PACER's National Bullying Prevention Month. Take a moment to read how you can "Get Involved!"
Notice of Non-Discrimination
The Richmond County School System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability or age in its programs and activities for students. The following persons have been designated to investigate any complaint communicated to the Board of Education alleging non-compliance of non-discrimination policies regarding student activities.
Alternative Education Center is currently involved in major renovations through our SPLOST Building Program. For important information and project updates, please click here.
Monday, November 3
Teacher of the Year Banquet @ 7:00 PM (Augusta Marriott)
Tuesday, November 11
Veteran's Day Holiday
Schools and Central Offices Closed
Thursday, November 13
9% chance of precipitation.
Chance rain showers
31% chance of precipitation.